Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The Bed-Man Cometh . . .

We all know who "the man" is . . . he's a fictional character, sometimes embodied in the form of a complete stranger, who assists in handling or disciplining the little ones.  I think I've been using "the man" a bit too often . . .

The other night, it was WAY past Sammy's bedtime, and Mike sent him into our bathroom, where I was taking a bath, to say goodnight.  Sammy began crying and saying that he wasn't tired.  Yeah right, I've heard that line before.  I quickly told him "Sammy, you need to hurry up and go to bed.  The man is coming, and he's not going to be happy if you're not asleep!"  Sammy's eyes got wide, he kissed me goodnight and hurried out of the room, and my BFF Amanda (whom I was talking ok, gossiping on the phone with) giggled and said I was going to give my own child nightmares.

Turns out I gave my husband nightmares, instead.  Two days later, in casual conversation, Mike asked me, "Honey, who's the bed-man?"  "What?"  "The other night, when I was putting Sammy to bed, he told me he had to hurry up and go to sleep because the bed-man was coming."  "Who?"  "I know, I said the same thing.  But Sammy says the bed-man comes over every day when he takes a nap.  Who's the bed-man??"

OMG, seriously??  Who is the bed-man?  I wish he was a house-cleaning fairy . . .

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails