Friday, January 28, 2011

Aramco Houston Half Marathon - Part I (BEFORE!)

The time has come, my friends - the weekend I have been waiting for over 8 years, and training for over 6 months for . . . my first half marathon weekend!  A big part of the Chevron/Aramco Marathon/Half Marathon Weekend is visiting the Expo.  The Expo is held downtown at George R. Brown Convention Center.  There are tons of exhibitors with lots of cool running swag, and it's also where you pick up your coveted racing bib.  I was fortunate to go with my running partner, the fabulous Miss Elle!


Headed in with our official paperwork!

Love this shirt!

Oh, so true!

Anytime, I will run for wine anytime!

Next time, I will have one of these - it's a hairband, and says "13.1 - Been there, run that."  Even funnier - the lady's face behind Elle . . . I guess she hasn't been there, run that yet!

My favorite - "In my dreams, I am a Kenyan!"

Another good one - "If found on ground, please drag across finish line!"

And we are thinking a new team name is in order with this one - "One Bad Mother Runner"

This was a very special part of the Expo for me.  There was a board they asked people to sign, to state why they ran.  I thought about it for a minute, and then I finally knew what I've known for several months now.  I run because I'm worth it.  I always have been - it just took this training for me to figure it out.

Others signing the board . . .

Believe it or not, this is a changing room . . . and Elle is changing in there!

Follow the footsteps to packet pick-up!  I had chills heading over there!

Look at me!  I can't believe I'm actually about to do this!

Veteran Halfer!

The women's pace car, which will be following . . . me, duh!

The finish line I will cross on Sunday morning!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails