Saturday, August 21, 2010

Which Way Did She Go?

Which way did I go?  Where have I been?  Why haven't I been blogging?  Oh yes, I've been running!  I started my training for my half marathon on July 17th.  Here it is, almost September, and I'm excited to say that it is going well.  Perhaps better than well - it's going awesome!

Every day, I feel stronger.  Every mile I run, I get more confidence, and I want to run more.  We are still working on building our base, and right now, the max distance I've run is 3.5 miles.  I'm a slow runner, more of a jogger, with an average pace of about 11 minutes per mile.  But I'm still proud of myself.  When I started, there was no way I would have been able to continuously run for even 2 miles.  But here I am!

Mike and the kids have been extremely supportive, and even Kona has gotten in on the game.  Kona is my running partner during the weekdays.  I think he really enjoys it, even if his poor tongue is lapping the ground by the end of our run!

I am sad to report that I did not win the lottery, as in the Chevron Houston Marathon lottery.  However, I will be running my first half marathon on January 16th in Sugar Land, Texas in the USAFit marathon.  I am excited, and like I said, I am running my "first" half marathon.  Which generally indicates that there will be more.  Perhaps next year I will get lucky and win the CHM lottery!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails