Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Fun at the Library

Yesterday we went to the library, which we have not been to in over a year. I had to get a new card, where they notified me about all of my late fees (all of $5), and about the book I turned in that a dog had chewed the corner off of. Thanks, Kona, way to make Mom proud!

While I was getting my card, Sammy ran over to the children's area, where he picked out several different board books and sat on the children's couch. I looked over, and he was "reading" the books by looking at the pictures and telling himself a story. He absolutely loved it!

Sammy told me he wanted a book about dinosaurs, and so we found two of them. We also got a book called "Are You Going to Be Good?" Hopefully that can help us nurture that inner conscience in Sammy, which is always a challenge for every parent.

I just love that Sammy is so interested in books. We have been reading to him daily since he was born, and it's so exciting for me to see what a little reader he is becoming!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails