Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Nerds!!!

Today was Candy Day at Awanas.  I cast around for an idea, and finally lighted upon one after seeing the bag of Nerds Halloween candy I had just purchased at HEB that day.


Meet the nerd!

The funny part is, he decided to wear these socks on his own.  My mom was watching the kids while I ran to the doctor, and when I came home he was wearing his baseball socks.  It was a bit of an inspiration for me.  All we did then was pull his pants up high, tuck in his shirt, and popped the lenses out of his sunglasses and taped the bridge!


Believe it or not, there is actually a dance that goes with the nerd look!  Sammy is in mid-dance in this picture!

I finished it off with a Mardi Gras bead necklace and boxes of nerds taped along it.

I bribed him that if he wouldn't eat the candy DURING Awanas, he could eat one box before and one box afterwards.  I'm glad he's not in school yet, because otherwise he would have figured out there were three boxes taped to the necklace!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails