Sunday, October 17, 2010

Six Miles

Six ain't nothing but a number!  I know, my grammar needs correction, but I really feel as though after passing the four mile milestone my running has not been difficult. 

I have to admit, I've been a bit lax as far as running with my group.  I missed running my first 5 mile run when I overslept.  Then I was in the Hill Country with family, then the following week I had a stomach virus.  Not that you'd want to know that, but no matter, I couldn't run!

This week, I was determined to make it out to Terry Hershey Park no matter what.  Mike had a long weekend, working at his company's Huntsville center getting new phone lines and other IT equipment installed, so we elected to spend the weekend at our lake house in Trinity.  My dad agreed to come out and watch the kids early Saturday morning so I could run with my group, since Mike stayed there overnight on Friday night.

I had a great run, and am so thankful to my dad for watching my children.  Afterwards, Dad and I loaded the kids up and drove out to the lake house together.  It was so funny because Dad was bringing several items up to an antique auction, and had stowed them all in a uHaul trailer.  My neighbors must have been suspicious . . . Mike's truck was gone, my dad's truck had a uHaul on it, and I was loading up both the kids and the dog!  One of the neighbors even had the audacity to ask me if everything was ok!

I quickly reassured her that I wasn't leaving Mike, and we took off for a pleasant weekend off of Lake Livingston.  I had ran six miles with my group on Saturday morning, and early Sunday morning my dad and I took the kids on a six mile bike ride down to the lake.  Looks like 6 was my lucky number!

Here are a few photos from the weekend - Sophia had popsicles for the first time and LOVED them!





Meantime, on Sunday morning, we took a quick walk down by the lake . . . love these pictures of my babies!






Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails