Saturday, July 10, 2010

Whatever You Do, Give It Your All!

If you know me at all in real life, you know that when I set my mind to something, I give it my all.  I can be persistent, stubborn, even bull-headed when I am focused.  And in addition to that, I'm passionate about it as well.  I've been like that my whole life, and I learned it from a great woman - my mom.

My mom also has that wonderful characteristic of putting her whole heart into anything she does.  And she's passionate about it as well.  Her newest thing is that she is getting two dogs.  Coton de Tulears to be exact.  Never heard of them?  Neither had I, but my mom did her homework, and found that these dogs are wonderful companions, good with children (a must due to the grandkids!), and hypo-allergenic as well as they apparently do not shed. 

They're pretty cute, too!

This isn't my mom's dog, it's a random picture I found on the internet.  She's already picked out her two babies, and she picks them up next week.  I believe their names will be Bella and Kelly, however, she's very quick to point out that she is NOT naming her Bella for Twilight.  It's because it means beautiful. 

Now that my mom has picked out her dogs, she's been completely focused on getting their new home ready.  She's gotten two cute little beds, lots of toys, special blankets, and a very important purchase - a carseat.  Yes, a carseat for dogs.  Now, most dogs, like Kona, don't need no stinkin' car seat.  Most dogs are content to ride in the back of the truck, or lolligag on the seat.  Not good enough for Bella and Kelly.

This is the carseat.  Now, I only used my kids in the dog carseat to illustrate its size.  No other reason.
As you can see, this particular dog carseat actually is multi-use.  Not only does it function as a carseat, it also has a telescoping handle in the back, so you can cart your dogs around like luggage!

It also functions as a backpack.  As you can see, Sophia quite enjoys it!

There is mesh on all three sides, so little puppies don't have to go without being able to see!

And it comfortably fits a four year old as well. 

He didn't want to get out of the dog carseat!

So, ladies and gentleman, if you are, in fact, in the market for a dog carseat, Sammy and Sophia wholeheartedly approve of my mom's.  I have no idea how much it costs, or even the brand name.  Also, my dad informed me that he will not be caught dead with that carseat, anywhere in his presence.  This from the man who used to take the bichon frise' on a walk with a purple leash.  I bet he's rolling around that dog carseat with pride in just a few short weeks!

Regardless, take a page from my mom's book - whatever you do, give it your all!  If you're going to get new dogs, by God, make sure they're safe in the car as well!

Photobucket

PS - Whoever thought this up, I'd like to know where they are today.  Lounging in the pool with a stogie and a glass of bourbon?  How come I didn't come up with the dog carseat first?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails