Saturday, December 26, 2009

Best. Christmas Gift. Ever

Back in early December when it was snowing one day, I made my move and moved our loveable German Shepherd, Kona, into the house for good! Kona's been in and out of the house (depending on his behavior) for about 3 years now, but I played my cards to move him in for good, this time. Mike, of course, was less than thrilled, but he'll adapt!

Mike's main condition of our agreement was that I was in charge of cleaning up all the shedding. Well, of course I am, don't I scrub the toilets, too? So for the past month, I've been taking turns between vacuuming and sweeping. One day I do all the vacuuming, the next day I sweep all the floors. I'd love to be able to do both in one day, but hey, I'm only human, right?

My only complaint is that our vacuum has seriously bitten the dust. Don't get me wrong, it is a good vacuum, it's just not the best tool for the job that is Kona, the incredible shedding German Shepherd! Enter the best Christmas gift ever . . .

Sorry if you're reading this, Mom, but seriously, Mike's parents Rita and Bob got us the best Christmas gift ever. Rita was wondering what to get us, and Mike had mentioned to her that I wanted a new vacuum cleaner. She, of course, was less than thrilled about this option. Who among us hasn't been the recipient of the dreaded cleaning gift - such as an iron, a new mop, etc for a birthday or Christmas gift. On the one hand, yes, you need a new iron, but on the other hand, what does that say about you, the recipient? Did the giver think that you needed to iron your clothes or something?

In any event, Rita hemmed and hawed, and finally Mike came in the other room and said, "Lindsey, Mom wants to know if you are going to be mad if she gets us a vacuum for Christmas?" My answer - a resounding NO! I want/need/desire a new vacuum cleaner, and if you don't get me one, I'll buy my own!

Rita and Bob got us the best vacuum cleaner ever. I'm not joking - this thing rocks! It's a Bissell Lift-Off Multi-Cyclonic Pet. That's a mouthful, but seriously, I love it. Mike made me help him put away all the Christmas presents before he would get it out, and when he did, I went crazy!

This vacuum has awesome suction, it's bagless, and let me tell you what, it picked up a ton from our floors. My only regret is that I should have vacuumed once with our old vacuum, and then gone over it with the new miracle vacuum - then we'd really know how bad off the old vacuum was.

The best part about our new clean machine is that is comes with pet vacuum tool. You think I'm joking, but it really has a tool that you attach to the hose, and you rake it down your pet's coat, and it picks up all the excess shedding. After I vacuumed all the floors in the downstairs, I brought Kona to the kitchen with it and went to town. At first, he wasn't sure about it, and seemed downright scared, but I think he ended up loving it! He actually came back for more after I'd turned it off and then turned it back on again and called him to me.

Another great thing about the vacuum is that is does bare floors as well. So much for doing half the cleaning in one day - now I can do it all at once, just carry the vacuum around from room to room. I guess maybe I'd still better sweep once a week or so, but meanwhile my new trusty Bissell can take care of the rest.

My only regret - the new vacuum works so well that I won't be able to tell little white fibs to Mike anymore about when and where I cleaned. If I didn't make it into a room before, I could fib and say, "I vacuumed in there, but our vacuum is awful, so I know it doesn't really look like it." Now I can't say that anymore - my sidekick Bissell will tell all on me!

Rita, I know you're reading this, and I just want to say - Best. Christmas Gift. Ever. Period! Thanks!

Photobucket

PS - I bet my house is cleaner than your house! No? Did you vacuum your dog today? Yeah, I didn't think so. I win!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails