Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Sleepless Nights . . .

I believe that Sophia is either about to get more teeth or else she is about to start crawling.  She's been army crawling for about a month now, but she has yet to get fully up on her hands and knees.  Last night, I put her down at the usual time, but she woke up at midnight.  I tried to wait it out to see if she could fall back asleep, but no dice - she screamed for an hour.

Finally, I sent Mike up to get her, and then she got into our bed with a smile on her face.  Where she stayed, for the next two hours . . . laughing, nursing, grabbing Mike's hair, crawling around.  At 3 am, big brother Sammy came down the stairs and crawled into the bed, too.  It's a good thing we have a king size bed, otherwise, I don't know what we'd do! 

After Sammy got in our bed, Sophia was really excited, rolling over to laugh at him every few seconds.  At this point, I was done.  I took her back upstairs to her bed, fully expecting her to start screaming again.  But she didn't - she crawled around in her crib, on her hands and knees, for about two hours, laughing and smiling the whole time.  Lucky for me, I was safe asleep back in the king size bed again - but I know what she was doing due to our trusty video monitor. 

Sophia fell asleep, and thank goodness no one but Mike got up before 9:45 am . . . otherwise there would have been one very grumpy mommy around here!  I'm ashamed to admit that we've all been in our pajamas all day long, with the exception of Sophia, who got prune juice on hers, so I had to change her into her ducky outfit.  I even ran outside in my pajamas earlier to check the mail - only one neighbor saw me, thank goodness!

And, guess who's starting to crawl on her hands and knees now, instead of slithering like a snake!  Yep, you read it here first - Sophia is well on her way to becoming totally mobile!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails