Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas to All!

My house looks like someone broke into a toy store and went crazy. Seriously . . . I have Lite Brite pegs all over the floor (choking hazard!), little balls that the Busy Ball Popper pooped out while it was going across my floor, pieces everywhere from the Little Einsteins rocket, teacups and fake desserts - it's crazy!

But I'm so glad we got to celebrate Christmas with our sweet kiddos! This morning was a little rough - we got in late from Mike's family last night, and come 6:30 am, Sammy came running into our bedroom, exclaiming "Mommy, Daddy - Santa brought me some more presents!" He was so excited! Mike convinced him to cuddle with him for a bit, so Sammy climbed in the bed next to Mike, where he stayed for about a minute.

Then Sammy jumped down again to go see if the presents were still there. They were, and he came running back announcing it at the top of his lungs! Mike rolled over and looked at me, and we silently communicated that sleep, unfortunately, would have to wait. Mike took Sophia, and he had a rough time getting her to wake up, but finally she opened her sleepy little eyes when we got by the Christmas tree.

I tried really hard to stick to our 3 gift rule, but unfortunately, I did not succeed. I ended up getting each of the kids 5 presents, plus their stocking stuffers. I guess that's better than 20, though!

Mike got me a beautiful silver and gold Pandora bracelet, just like I asked for. He found a cute little boy and little girl charm, and then he got me two silver and gold S charms. I think he did a great job, I was really happy!

I think the best part of Christmas for me was getting to see Mike's face when he opened his iPod. He was completely shocked! I honestly don't think he had any idea that I even listened to him when he mentioned it once back in November that he wanted one. And since he knows now, that means I finally get to post the full details from my Black Friday shopping experience!

All in all, we've had a wonderful Christmas. I'm so glad for our wonderful family and friends that helped make it awesome for us. I hope your Christmas was great as well!

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Blog looks great! Merry Christmas. Looks like you guys had a good one!

    ReplyDelete

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails