Saturday, May 22, 2010

Gar, Matey!

Happy (Early) 4th Birthday to my handsome son, Samuel Arnold Chase!  Today was the first year that you have been more excited than anything about your birthday, and we've spent the last few months planning a wonderful party just for you!

It all started with our pirate theme - you've been begging for a pirate party all year long, and here it is!


These were your invites - I mailed them in a "treasure map" bag, and the pic was from Halloween this year.

Next we ordered some supplies . . .

An inflatable water slide, and  . . .

an awesome Pirate Ship water table!

The water table was definitely the hit of the party, but you loved the water slide, too!  Mommy really thought there would be more of a splash area at the bottom, but we inflated and filled another pool as well right before everyone got there, so all was well!

Overall, it was a beautiful day - most of your friends and family were in attendance, and Gigi made a beautiful pirate cake for you . . .

Can I just say again how extremely talented Gigi is?

Happy Birthday, Sammy!  I cannot believe what a wonderful little boy you are - every day you amaze me with your beautiful spirit, and your sweet nature - I love you so much, Sammy-Bear!

You look super sweet with fake nose-rings and eye-patches, by the way!


Did I mention how much we love you?

And in the meantime . . . does your sister, Sophia, have a boyfriend?  I think his name is Harrison - you might want to check into that . . . make sure he's keeping it real . . .


Oh, and did I mention how much we love our friends and family?  Many thanks to my BFF, Amanda, who kept me sane . . . Mike's parents, Rita and Bob, who brought the awesome cake and brought our nieces and nephew as well . . . my parents, who brought my grandmother from Oklahoma and many chairs, as well as helping us with logistics, and my aunt and uncle, Linda and Tim, who noticed we needed more chairs and actually drove home (ok, a mile and half) to get them to help us out in the middle of the party!  We love everyone!  And, Happy Birthday Sammy!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails