Sunday, May 16, 2010

It's the Last Year of My 20's . . .

It's the last year of my 20's . . . yes people, you heard that right.  Today was my birthday, and I turned 29.  I cannot believe it - it seems like just yesterday that I was turning 21, Mike proposed to me, and we spent all night at the square in San Marcos.  Here we are, 8 years later - an almost 4 year old son, a 1 year old daughter, and we spent all night at my brother's house swimming . . . boy, how life changes!

And what a wonderful change it is!  Had you asked me 8 years ago where I would be today, it would be a completely different story - I would have been the youngest female CEO of The Hartford, living somewhere in the Northeast and wearing power suits.  Instead, I'm living in Katy, organizing a playgroup, and wearing sweats.  Or, a T-shirt and shorts most days.  Other days I put on my bathing suit!  Do I regret it?  Never!  We are having the time of our lives, and I am so grateful for the direction God has taken for us!

So, where does that leave me in the next year or so . . . I have to be honest and say that since I was 22 years old, it has been a dream of mine to run a marathon before I turned 30.  Looks like it's time for that dream to come true . . . almost!  My awesome sister-in-law, Trish, her best friend Kelley, our friends Cheryl and Monica, and anyone else we can recruit, will be running a half-marathon this January 2011.  Yes, we are running the Aramco Half Marathon on Sunday, January 30, 2011.  And if you mean anything to any of us, you better be there at the finish line, cheering us on!  OK, it's not the marathon dream - but it's halfway there, and that's better than nothing.  Maybe when I turn 40 I'll do a full.  In the meantime, I'm proud of myself!

I've registered at KatyFit.com, and I'll be training starting from mid-July on.  I suppose in conjunction with this marathon goal, I can say that in the next year before I turn 30, I'll probably lose about 20 lbs.  Which would fulfill another age 30 dream of mine.  I've had two kids in the last five years, and while I've been proud of how I look, I can't wait to get fully in shape while I'm training for the Aramco Half.  Can we say "hottie"???  Just teasing!

This year should be interesting . . . I'm running the Aramco Half, it's Sammy's last year before he starts kindergarten, and it's the last year of my twenties . . . I don't think it gets better than this, people!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails