Friday, May 7, 2010

The Queen Bee

Mike and the kids gave me my mother's day present early.  Two days early, to be exact.  Perhaps because I asked for it, or perhaps because they were so excited!  I was excited, too . . . sort of.

For Christmas this past year, my gift was a Pandora clasp bracelet.  Ever since, I can count on receiving a Pandora charm to add to my bracelet for pretty much any occasion.  It's always exciting to see what's been picked out, and I enjoy looking over my charms and reminiscing.  So I was a bit taken aback to see this one . . .


The Queen Bee

My first thought was, "The Queen Bee-yotch?"  Really?  And this is supposed to be flattering?

I've done a bit of research, though.  And I've decided that I am quite honored.  You see, the queen bee actually has the most important role in the bee colony.  Most bees live in colonies, and each member of the colony contributes equally for the good of the entire bee society.  But the queen bee is the most important member, as without her, the bee colony collapses.

I feel pretty honored - I think it means I'm important.  And I'm needed.  And loved.  Which are all good things to be.  Happy Mother's Day to me!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails