Friday, May 28, 2010

Let's Call Her Imelda Marcos

My daughter is Imelda Marcos incarnate.  Seriously!  I had no idea how much she loves shoes, and I honestly didn't think the primping would start so early!

Today we were at Target, and I decided to get Sophia a new pair of shoes.  She has several pairs of shoes which have been hand me downs from my BFF Amanda's beautiful daughter, Bailey, and they are all super cute, but this was to be her very first pair of "real" shoes that were all her own.  Plus, she's moving into a size 4 - poor girl, she has the Gant feet - and I neecded to get new shoes for the larger size as well.

Before she started walking, I didn't really worry about shoes, but now that she's all over the place, she needed some.  Plus, she deserved them!


Here they are - aren't they cute??

After I tried them on her feet, I took them off to put them back into the box and place them in the shopping cart.  And she immediately began screaming.  I asked her if she wanted her dink (drink), and she shook her head violently and begin to kick her bare feet.  I then asked, incredulously, "You want me to put the shoes back on?"  And she changed the scream to a whine.  Seriously?  She's 13 months old and she's already a shoe queen?

I quickly placed the shoes back on her feet.  And she immediately stopped whining.  She leaned over in the cart seat to see the shoes and smiled, sitting back.  She leaned over one more time, flexed her feet, smiled in satisfaction, and then sighed happily, placing her hands in her lap.  Apparently, she liked the shoes . . .

So, let's call her Imelda Marcos.  You know, she who owns over 3,000 pairs of shoes.  OK, Sophia doesn't have 3,000 pairs yet.  But maybe over the course of her lifetime.  Especially if her shoe addiction has surfaced at such a young age . . .


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails