Monday, March 1, 2010

Nucking Futs

My son is driving me nucking futs.  I mean, he's driving me crazy.  We went to the doctor on Friday, where he was diagnosed with a sinus infection.  The doctor prescribed antibiotics, as well as a decongestant - Z-Cof.  Has your child ever taken Z-Cof before?  LISTEN TO ME - don't let them!

Z-Cof makes Sammy crazy.  It makes him certifiably insane.  It likewise makes me crazy.  He started taking it Friday, and since then, he has probably slept a total of 12 hours.  Yep, I said a TOTAL.  That's about 4 hours a night.  Now, don't get me wrong, he did have the shellfish allergy issues on Saturday night, but regardless, I said 12 hours total. 

Yes, my son woke up at 3 am.  Yes, my son ran downstairs and jumped up and down on our bed while singing the ABC's at the top of his lungs.  Yes, we sent him to the living room and put on the 101 Dalmations movie for him.  Yes, I could hear him jumping up and down on the couch and running back and forth in circles around the kitchen.  Yes, he then crawled into our bed, went under the covers and proceeded to tickle our feet.  Yes, we told him to go back to the living room and jump on the couch.  Yes, by the time I woke up I had already considered taking him to the firestation.

Yes, I just said the firestation.  You know, the safe place to leave your children?  I love my son, but like I said he's driving me crazy!  And the funny part is, when I jokingly told my mother on the phone that I was about to take Sammy to the firestation, he started jumping up and down and yelling "Mommy, I want to go to see Fireman Sam!  Let's go see Fireman Sam!"  Sammy, I love you, but you don't know how close you came to seeing Fireman Sam today . . .

All joking aside, I called the doctor and advised them that the Z-Cof had turned Sammy into a loon.  Come to find out, that's quite a common side effect for children under 5.  Are you kidding me?  You knowingly prescribed a medication that would cause my already slightly crazy 3 year old son to turn into the next antiChrist?  What were you thinking?  You're about to get me institutionalized!

I suppose all's well that ends well.  Especially for the Z-Cof.  It is spending a nice time swirling down the drain today, as I never want to see it in my home again!  Goodbye, Z-Cof.  It was nice knowing you.  Hopefully your neighbor, Neo-DM will be nicer to my little boy.  I don't know how much more I can take . . .

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails