Friday, March 19, 2010

There have GOT to be better uses for toilet paper . . .

This morning I was awoken to the lovely sounds of my husband yelling "Lindsey!  Get up!  Get up now!  Someone has VANDALIZED our house.  They DESTROYED our yard!  They DESTROYED our plants!  Get up!"  To be honest, I was scared to death - an awakening of GET UP NOW made me feel like one of the kids was missing or something.  I threw on my zebra print robe, pink slippers, and ran out to the front door.  Where I was greeted by this . . .


Yes, our house was wrapped.  Yes, we called the cops.  Because, this was no ordinary wrapping job . . . not only were the trees and the bushes wrapped with toilet paper . . . they also brought bags of shredded paper.  And dumped it all over my front porch . . .


And on top of my truck.  As well as taking a beautiful potted fern we were given for our housewarming shower when we got married 7 years ago by our dear friends, Frank and Renee, and dumping it and the dirt all over our cars . . .

 So, I suppose you're asking who we ticked off.  Unfortunately, no one.  Such is the life of living next door to a student in high school.  A junior on the football team to be exact.  His parents drive a black truck, we drive a black truck, and HIS parents are smart enough to park their vehicles in the garage.  So, apparently, the girls soccer team was not too happy with the football team.  And our house got mistaken for his. 

Sure did make for a fun morning cleaning it up . . . broom handles to get the TP out of the trees . . . me using the canister vacuum for all the crap on the front porch . . . Mike mowing the front lawn and bagging it, to suck up all the shredded paper from the grass . . .

Oh, and why did we call the police?  Our spotlights for our landscape lights were smashed in, plus the damage to the potted plants.  It's criminal mischief . . . and the policeman said "Holy Crap!" when he got to our house . . . of course, later, when Sammy told everyone the story about it (as he spent all morning peeking out the front window), all he remembered was "Lindsey!  Get up!  Get up now!" and "Holy Crap!"  I think he really enjoyed the morning . . .

By the way - don't get me wrong - I wrapped many a house in my day.  But that's all we did.  The shredded paper, the smashed landscape lights, the potted plants dumped on the vehicles . . . this was way too much.  I wonder what exactly the high school students who did this are thinking - that it would be ok to vandalize someone else's property in this manner . . .

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails