Saturday, March 13, 2010

What a Beautiful Day!

Today was the best day!  I think it's official - Spring has sprung!  Mike worked on the lawn this morning while I took both kids for a jog in the double jogger, and Kona came with us as well!  After we got back, we played with bubbles and chalk in the front yard, and Sammy practiced riding his bike.  He's getting quite skilled - I'm so proud of what a big boy he is becoming!

After the kids took a nap, we went to a birthday party for Andrew, the son of our friends Carlos and Jen.  Mike and Carlos went to college together.  I'm sure they have tons of stories, but I will keep them private . . . for now!  The party was at Chick-Fil-A, and Katie Mae, the cow, even made a guest appearance . . .


Sammy loved her!

But I'm not sure what Sophia thought . . .

After the cow's visit, Sammy asked us if it was really a cow.  I told him it was, and then he asked, "Are you sure it's not just a man in a costume?"  He's pretty smart - it took me a long time before I figured out that things like the cow were just a man in a costume!  Somehow, I'm not sure how this newfound knowledge is going to shape up come Easter Bunny time . . . will my child be the one to tell everyone that Santa Claus doesn't really exist?

After we got home from the party, we spent some time outside in the backyard.  Sophia is really getting to be a big girl - she loves to crawl around and play.  I'm trying to get over my fear of her eating grass . . . you know what they say - the more dirt you eat as a child, the healthier you are as an adult!

Look at my big girl!

Mike and I enjoyed spending time together as well!

Sammy the pirate!

Kona the wonder dog!

And finally, a video of my pretty princess, working on her walking!  And . . . taking a fall.  She's such a trooper!



Are you enjoying this wonderful weather?  Comment with a link to your awesome weather blog post!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails