Monday, April 19, 2010

The Big Day

Today was the big day - surgery day for both Sammy and Sophia.  Sophia had tubes placed in her ears, and Sammy had tubes, and he got his tonsils and adenoids removed.  The kids were not allowed to eat or drink after midnight, and we had to be at the hospital at 7:30 am, so we woke them up as close to 7:15 as possible and immediately loaded them into the car.

A few pics of the kiddos pre-op . . .




They took Sophia back first, and she was done in almost 10 minutes.  Sammy went in immediately afterward, but he didn't arrive in recovery until almost 30 minutes later.  Prior to the surgery, we had been warned with horror stories of children waking up violently from anesthesia.  However, I was so proud of both of my sweet babies - Sammy whimpered a lot as he was waking up, but he did not have any fits as I had been warned of. 

We were discharged from the surgery center at 10:50 am, and immediately went to fill the prescriptions for the kids.  After we got home, our sweet princess Sophia was back to her usual self - little miss sunshine.

Sammy spent the day in our bed - watching movies, coloring, and playing his Leapster.  He definitely complained of pain throughout the day, but he is a big trooper.  I am so proud of him!


May I also say how much I love my girlfriends?  My mom's group has arranged to bring dinner over to us each night this week - which is a huge help and load off of me - especially given that Mike will be working late two nights this week.  Tonight we had Angel Chicken and some awesome Banana Pudding from my BFF Amanda.  Amanda's an awesome cook - Sophia definitely approves!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails