Thursday, April 15, 2010

Lots on My Mind

Yes, I've been silent lately.  My faithful readers, I apologize, but I have had a lot on my mind.  We are celebrating Sophia's first birthday this weekend with a crawfish boil (in true Texas style), and in addition to that, on Monday both of the kids are having surgery.

What was I thinking, scheduling her party and then their surgery just two days later?  You know how much I worry about EVERYTHING, and this can only add to my craziness!  And yet, I endure.

It seems that in my life, I quite enjoy doing as many stressful things as possible all at one time.  For example, I remember graduationg from college, buying our first truck, buying our first house, and getting married . . . all between April and July 2003.  Talk about stress!  Fast forward a few years to selling a house, moving from San Antonio to Katy, building/buying a house, starting a new job, and having a baby . . . all between December 2005 and May 2006.  It's a good thing Sammy was born in one piece!

Then we had quitting a job, starting a new career (teaching), moving from Katy to Huntsville, putting our house on the market and Mike starting a new job . . . all between August 2007 and March 2008.  And finally we end with quitting a job, starting a new career (Stay At Home Mom), moving from Huntsville back to Katy, taking the house OFF the market, Mike starting a new job, and having another baby . . . all between March 2009 and April 2009.  Wow!  Do we like our stress in small pockets or what??

All in all, I'll take our life . ..  stress in small pockets or not.  It is hard for me to believe that my sweet princess is almost one year old now.  It seems like just yesterday that we were celebrating Sammy's third birthday one month early, and then going to the hospital for Sophia's birth the following week.  We are so blessed - I am so thankful for the wonderful husband God gave me, the beautiful children he blessed us with, and the wonderful families both of us have!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails