Sunday, April 25, 2010

Day Seven

Hark, I hear the dawn of a new horizon calling!  Yes, we seem to be on the mend from the dreaded tonsillectomy! 

Last night, rather than waking Sammy up for his pain meds, I waited until he woke up.  Granted, it was only an hour after he was supposed to have them, and he did cry for quite awhile from the pain, but I will take little improvements any way I can get them!  We followed that vein throughout the day - rather than dosing him based on the clock, we waited until Sammy told us he was hurting.  Turns out, rather than taking meds every 4 hours, he was needing them every 6 hours!  Great improvement!

Also, we went to my parent's house this afternoon as Mike needed to work on their surround sound system.  We allowed Sammy to play outside while my mom and I hung out on the veranda with Sophia.  Granted, Sammy was playing with matchbox cars rather than riding his bike in circles, but he was outside with us for about 2 hours, and never complained of being tired.  I am very proud of him!

Dinner tonight was an improvement as well.  Instead of the usual vanilla ice cream and yoghurt, Sammy happily ate macaroni and cheese.  I didn't say it was healthy, I only said it was an improvement!

We also put Sammy to sleep in his own bed tonight, for the first night since his surgery Monday.  I'm not going to lie and say it was an easy transition.  He was quite upset, but calmed down after Mike cuddled with him for several minutes.  Here's hoping he'll sleep all night!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails