Monday, April 26, 2010

What do yours look like?

Do you have a pair of "No Way in Hell" panties?  You know what I'm talking about . . . the underwear you wear when you're sick, tired, or just have no desire? 

I do.  And I'm not ashamed to admit it.  It's one pair in particular, which have been appropriately named, "Scottie Dog Underwear", by Mike. 

I'm sure you can see why.

Stop laughing.  These are not undies that I purchased by choice.  I bought these in a Hanes pack, the kind that come with 5 different pairs, when I was 2 months pregnant with Sammy.  Yes, that was almost 5 years ago.  But no matter. 

Again, this is not a pattern I would have picked up off the rack at Frederick's or Victoria's Secret, my normal panty purchasing haunts.  But it is a pair I cherish. 

You see, my Scottie Dog Underwear have seen me through two pregnancies.  They've seen me through two post-partum recoveries, a serious stomach virus that landed me in the hospital when I was pregnant with Sophia, and many various colds and "monthly visitors" in between.  Which is more than you can say for some friends.

So, I'm not saying they're my favorite.  But I am saying that I'm unable to part with them.  Until the time comes that they have seen their last days.  But don't tell Mike that - he hates them so much - he'll try to speed them along to a slow and painful death.

In the meantime, my Scottie Dog Underwear are content to wait for me to need them . . . and to deal with Mike calling them an "underwear carcass" when they are in the dirty clothes laundry basket.  He also heaves a big sigh whenever he happens to notice me wearing them.  Not sure why that doesn't happen when it's my lacy Frederick's thong . . .

What do yours look like?  Dare to post a pic?  Be brave, Mama!
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. While I will not post pics, I will tell you that my favorite "unmentionables" that I wear to the gym to this day 5 times a week came in a 5 pack from Motherhood...

    ReplyDelete

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails