Thursday, April 1, 2010

Dirty, Dirty Ears

I have dirty ears.  For years, when doctors have looked in my ears during routine office visits, they never cease to announce about the scarring in my ears.  I believe that at approximately age 5, I had a set of tubes placed in my ears, and I also had my tonsils and adenoids removed.

Therefore, it came as no surprise to me when Sammy was born almost 4 years ago that he had dirty ears as well.  He had his first set of tubes placed in his ears at age 11 months.  Those stayed in, despite the fact that they really are only supposed to stay in place for 6 months to 1 year, until he was 3 years old.  They came out last July, and since then, Sammy has had about 8 ear infections. 

At the same time, Sophia has also endured many ear infections in her short life.  I have to be honest and say that the ear infections frustrate me.  I am a breastfeeding mom, which is supposed to help with ear infections, and yet they have still afflicted both of my children.  However, I suppose that it could be worse - how bad would it be had I not been a nursing mom?

On Thursday, we visited with Dr. Tara Morrison, of Houston ENT.  She placed Sammy's original set of tubes, and on Monday, April 19th, she will be placing tubes for both Sammy and Sophia, as well as removing Sammy's tonsils and adenoids.  I am not worried about Sophia's surgery whatsoever.  Sammy's went well at around that age, and I have no doubts that Sophia's will be the same. 

I am, however, worried for Sammy.  I know that it is in God's hands.  I know that Dr. Morrison is an excellent surgeon.  But at the same time, he's my little boy, and this is quite a big surgery he will be undergoing. 

Please pray for us.  Pray for Mike and I, pray for Sammy's recovery and Sophia's recovery, and pray for guidance for Dr. Morrison's hands in the surgery.  Thanks for your prayers!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails