Thursday, April 22, 2010

Day Four . . .

Another day of false optimism about Sammy's 4th day after his tonsillectomy!  I say false, as his mood, again, depends on when he last had his pain meds.  If his dosage has kicked in,. he's fine - and wants to jump on the bed.  But if it's been awhile - God help us all!

Overall, he's been really, really sweet.  He's trying really hard to make good choices - and he's actually listening when I ask him to sit down on the couch!  Granted, I need to ask him 10 times a day to sit down, but it's working!

Towards the end of the day, he did begin to get upset, and tell me that his throat was hurting.  All he's eaten today is ice cream.  No mashed potatoes, no yoghurt, and definitely nothing healthy.  But, he's eating.  So, I hate to criticize his food choices!

On the plus side, Sophia is still eating like there's no tomorrow!  Today, my girlfriend Colleen brought over Chicken Eden Isle, which is basically chicken with bacon and cream sauce.  It is fabulous, and I can't wait to get the recipe!  Sophia thought it was fabulous as well - she ate and ate - and even licked her fingers when she was done!

That being said, I'm thinking we are on the up - which means that pretty soon the scabs will start to come off - when that happens - look out!  We'll be back in the pain, again.  In the meantime, we'll stick to our pain meds and ice cream - thank you very much!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails