Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Day Nine

What was I thinking, posting what a great day we had yesterday?  I must have been out of my mind!  Actually, yesterday WAS a great day.  But today is a different story. 

Our bad day started overnight.  Sammy woke up at 1 am, crying and complaining of his throat hurting.  He continued to wake up over the next 7 hours, approximately every 15 minutes.  It was terrible.  In hindsight, I probably should have gone upstairs with Sammy and stayed in his bed with him, rather than subjecting Mike to the crying as well, but that is no matter. 

So, after a long and sleepless night, we went to our ENT this morning for our follow-up for Sammy and Sophia.  Sophia is doing wonderful.  Her ears are completely clear!  Sammy, however, has developed a case of thrush, which is a yeast infection in the mouth.  In addition, his scabs, which I thought were coming off several days ago, apparently have just started to come off.  What does all this mean?  More days of recovery.  And more medicine.

My poor baby - I thought we were almost out of the woods, but not yet.  Hopefully here in the next few days.  In the meantime, really wish I could brush his teeth, but again, just a few more days . . .

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails