Thursday, April 8, 2010

My Cute Little Ballplayer

Sammy's second T-Ball practice was today.  It went much better than his first practice, where he spent the whole time complaining that his ear hurt and that he needed to go potty.  I made sure he went to the bathroom BEFORE we left the house this time!  Plus I put a small ball of cotton in his ear to help with the wind.  It's a temporary fix until his surgery, but we'll do what we need to do to get him through!

On the whole, T-Ball seems to be going much better than soccer.  He's at least participating with his teammates.  When he's not noticing ladybugs in the grass, that is . . .


Sammy was the first batter for the team during our actual practice play.  He's confusing his two roles of batter and infielder.  As soon as he hit the ball, he immediately ran after it and picked it up, looking around for where to throw it.  I wish I would have caught it on video, but I will definitely videotape his first game this Saturday! 

I honestly think the batting helmet is a good look for him . . .

Even if he does look a bit like Chicken Little!


Overall, I think he's going to do great - when it was his turn to be in the infield, he scooped up the ball twice and immediately threw it to first base.  We're on our way to being allstars!

And look how handsome he is!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails