Friday, February 12, 2010

Eighties Craze!

Tonight, I rocked the eighties.  Understand that I was 9 years old when the eighties died a slow and painful death, but as a 28 year old, I ROCKED the eighties. 

Several weeks ago my girlfriend Tanya convinced me to attend an 80's prom which was being put on by her church.  Church or not, they were having a cash bar, so I was game for it.  I convinced . . . ok, I TOLD Mike he was going, and in addition I persuaded my brother Aaron and his fiancee Trish to attend as well.

Now to solve the what to wear issue . . . well, as if there was any question . . . I ordered myself a brand new royal blue petticoat with a matching pair of pettipants.  I also hit up Claire's for a rockin' hat, hoop earrings, chain necklaces, bangles, and awesome holey gloves.  Plus I finished off the look with fishnets from Frederick's and an awesome studded shirt from Forever 21.


I looked HOT if I do say so myself!

A bit of a caveat . . . my mom informed me before we left that she could see my legs.  No big deal, right - I was wearing fishnets, plus I had on my pettipants.  So it's not like anyone could see my underwear.  However, I spent the rest of the night imagining that people were looking at my petticoat, trying to determine if I was wearing underwear underneath it or not.  Like anyone cares if I was wearing underwear.  But it really worried me. 

The prom part was ok . . . food was good, DJ played some rocking tunes, but it was a bit low key for me.  Here's our group at prom . . .


Bruce, Tanya, Trish, Aaron, Me and Mike

Bruce and Tanya had to check out early because their youngest was crying . . . been there done that!  Speaking of, thanks Mom and Dad for watching the little ones.  You rock!

After we left the prom, which I was sorely disappointed about not even being NOMINATED for prom queen . . . wait, did I just type that?  Yes, I was disappointed.  I thought I looked awesome . . . but perhaps it was because I don't even go to Crosspoint church, therefore no one knew the chick in the awesome petticoat?

Anyway, we left the prom and headed to Baker Street Pub at La Centerra.  You should have seen the looks on the crowd's faces when we got there.  It was so funny - people were absolutely dumbfounded.  Perhaps they thought we were fresh from the 80's? 

Fresh from 1985 - coming at ya!

My prom date . . . Mike Chase . . . the love of my life!

Trish split her dress while dancing . . . LMAO!

Aaron dancing . . . by himself!

Strutting our stuff and pausing for a drink!

The requisite picture that you take yourself . . . ignore my large arm jutting out of the corner!

I think it was more fun at Baker Street, simply because it was hysterical.  As a matter of fact, in a few months I'm going to put on my eighties costume again, except this time I'm just going to go somewhere.  Just to see what people will do . . . who's with me?
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails