Friday, February 5, 2010

WHAT are you wearing?

Today our friends Debbie and her son Travis held a Pancakes and Pajamas event at their house.  Everyone was supposed to come dressed in their pajamas, moms included, but turns out only 3 of us moms were brave enough to do so!  I came dressed half and half . . . I had zebra on top, and valentines on bottom.

Thank goodness we didn't have to go anywhere on the way over there, as we would have made for a strange site!  It was quite honestly a great playdate for me today . . . Sammy was in a rare mood in which he was willing to share toys and use his inside voice . . . always a plus!


Not the greatest pic, but you have to give us props for getting them all on the couch at the same time!

Afterwards, we headed over to the Y.  Now, I love Sammy a lot, but no way was I taking him into the Y in his PJ's . . . he'd be teased mercilessly.


Especially when he insists on wearing his cowboy boots everywhere . . .

Sammy literally looks like Billy the Kid.  All he's missing is his gun holster and a cowboy hat.

I changed Sammy in the truck when we got to the Y, but unfortunately I was not able to change in the vehicle, so I had to walk around in public in my pink fuzzy heart pajamas.  I did not wear my zebra print robe in.  As much as I enjoy being eccentric, I didn't want anyone thinking I was a homeless woman.

Of course, I forgot to button Sammy's pants when he was changing in the truck.  As we're walking up to the entrance of the Y, he decided that would be a good time to enlighten me of that fact by pulling up his shirt and exposing his underwear to the group of moms who had just walked out the door.  There we are, Sophia and I in our pajamas, and Sammy hanging out with his pants on the ground.  It just doesn't get any better than that . . .

One lady had the good manners to actually laugh out loud at us and point.  I laughed along with her and said, hey, we just came from a pancakes and pajamas breakfast at our friend's house . . . this is life!  She should know - she had 4 kids in tow! 

I have a new saying that I picked up from my sister in law, Trish . . . "Wherever we go, dinner and a show."  And I think it's totally true.  Wherever we go, there's bound to be a scene . . . good thing I'm still laughing!

Photobucket

1 comment:

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails