Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The Error of My Ways

Naptime is a delicate balance between awake and asleep.  It's a balance I've been missing lately.  We've been getting back into the swing of our lives this week, and unfortunately naptime is not back into the swing, yet.

I can't seem to get both kids asleep at the same time.  And when I do, one of them wakes up, thereby making the other one wake up.  And Mama needs a nap.  I never needed a nap before, but recently it seems that I can't function without one.  I think it may be related to my newfound exercise kick . . .

Everyone calls during naptime.  Has anyone ever heard of not calling between 2 and 4 pm?  The FedEx man rings the doorbell during naptime.  The neighbors let their 3 dogs in the backyard during naptime.  Sammy starts naptime in the car and a train goes down the mostly abandoned tracks in old Katy, thereby ending Sammy's naptime. 

Today was the 3rd day in a row of no naptime in Chase Place.  Or maybe no mama naptime in Chase Place.  I can't take it anymore.  Is it 5 o clock somewhere?  I think I need some coffee to wake me up . . . maybe I'll spike it . . . Mike will be home in an hour, right?

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails