Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Suburban Housewife

This is highly, highly inappropriate, but absolutely hysterical.  Do not watch when your kids are awake!



Sorry about that, but I really needed this today.  I spent two hours in the waiting room of my regular doctor's office, WITH two children.  Apparently, although I had an appointment at 10:30 am and was early to it, I was still considered a "walk-in" since I made the appointment that morning.  If you are a walk-in, then they see you AFTER they've seen all the other patients that had appointments.  Sorry, but I wasn't aware I was going to develop an illness until late last night!

I gave up after two hours.  I called Katy Urgent Care, they had a 10 minute wait, and I left with both kids in tow and drove over there.  I walked right in, filled out paperwork, paid my copay, and 10 minutes later had the results back of my rapid strep test.  It was positive.  Are you kidding me?  I haven't had strep since I was a kid.  And it is brutal, let me tell you. 

I think the worst part of it all is being stuck at home.  No Y for me, no playdates for the kids . . . just me, Sammy and Sophia . . . plus every Thomas the Tank Engine movie ever made.  On the plus side, my friends are the best ever - they've offered to pick up Sammy and get him out of the house, bring me dinner, come over so I can sleep.  I love them!  I've refused all offers, mainly because I don't want to get anybody else sick, and plus I just have Mommy Syndrome - I will never be sick enough that I can't make dinner or deal with my kids.  Try telling that to Mike - he knows better, but hey, I'm trying to keep up appearances!

Sing it with me, girls . . . Oxycontin, washed down with Jack D . . . put it in a cup, it looks like iced tea . . . Oxycontin, washed down with Jack D . . . put it in a cup, it looks like iced tea!    Peace Out!

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. OMG. AWESOME. I needed that!

    Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails