Friday, February 12, 2010

It's Friday!

It's Friday!  Ain't got no job . . . ain't got stuff to do . . . actually I have a lot of laundry to do, plus I need to clean up the house given the sickfest we've been having this week, but regardless, I don't have anything I HAVE to do . . .

So, we headed to Heritage Park Nursing Home for our monthly playdate there!  Come to find out, the activity director quit, so we had a new activity director to work with now, Alicia.  Between you and me, I think Alicia does a great job . . . she sat down with the residents and interacted with them, and helped them with their craft.  Not saying anything ill of the old activity director, just pointing out reasons why I like Alicia!  Here are some pics from our adventures!


Miss Eileen and Sophia!

Sammy and his best bud Grayson!

Residents look on as Grayson, Bailey, Sammy and Sophia build towers

Sophia, Grayson, Bailey and Sammy

I'm not sure why but I didn't get any pictures of Abby at the nursing home.  But she and Raffaela were there as well!  We had so much fun - it really warms your heart to be there - the residents absolutely love seeing the children. 

BONUS points - we didn't even have to bribe the kids to hug everyone when they left today!  They willingly shared hugs with all the "grandmas" as we call them.  How sweet!

Unfortunately, we didn't get to see Mr. Joe today.  I was concerned because we've seen him every time we've been thus far.  I was so concerned that I even ended up checking in Alicia's office before I left to make sure Mr. Joe was still at Heritage Park.  I was afraid to voice my real question, which was, was Mr. Joe still with us.  I'm glad to say Mr. Joe is still with us, and at Heritage Park.  We'll see him next month!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails