Wednesday, February 10, 2010

A Ketchup Kid . . .

I've created a monster . . . a ketchup kid.  I hate ketchup.  I've never liked it, and honestly I don't get why people eat the stuff.  Mike is a ketchup kid.  Or I suppose he's a ketchup adult.  I hate ketchup people - they have to get ketchup in the drive thru, and then they sit there with the little tiny ketchup packets and squeeze ketchup onto each individual fry.  It really bothers me.

So I've never wanted to introduce Sammy to ketchup.  It's just one of those things - I didn't want him to freak out if we didn't have ketchup, or have to eat ketchup in the car when he gets french fries.  And yet, Mike is always trying to introduce him to ketchup.

Today at dinner, Mike finally got Sammy to eat ketchup.  It took some coaxing, but once he had some, he was hooked.  He dipped his fries in it, he dipped his chicken fingers in it, he even dipped his fingers in it.  It's so gross.  So now I have a ketchup kid.  He's going to be begging me for it everywhere we go. 

On the plus side, Mike thinks he'll start eating anything we put in front of him now as long as he can dip it in ketchup.  I don't know if I can stomach that . . .

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails