Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Playing with Scissors

Sammy loves scissors.  He's constantly asking me if he can cut circles.  Why does he want to cut circles?  I understand the fascination with the scissors, but circles?

Today I let him use the scissors.  He cut paper.  He sliced paper.  And he diced paper.  Then I looked up just in time to see him holding up a hunk of hair and aiming with the scissors.  "Sammy - put the scissors down."  "But Mommy, this hair is old and stinky."  "I agree, son, but we're not going to cut it.  Let's take a bath instead." 

Then he tries to cut his leg.  I keep telling him not to cut himself, and finally I give up arguing with him.  "Go ahead, Sammy - cut your leg."  I figure they're safety scissors, they can't do much harm right.  "Mommy, my leg doesn't cut."  Ok then, see - natural consequences.

Speaking of natural consequences . . . two seconds later he starts screaming bloody murder.  Come to find out, safety scissors can't cut legs, but they can sure cut fingers.  It was a small cut, more like a paper cut, but his reaction was pretty reminiscent of the foot injury from the Y. 

Guess who gets the bad Mommy award today?

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. ummm... at least Sophia still has hair... more than I can say over here...

    ReplyDelete

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails