Thursday, February 4, 2010

Happy Birthday, Mikey!

Today is my wonderful husband's 32nd birthday.  Happy Birthday, baby . . . you have made my life such a wonderful world for the past 9 years - I only hope that yours has been half as great as mine!

I arranged with Mike's boss, Alex, for him to have the day off.  It was a surprise, and when I told him last night, I actually was unable to tell if he was excited or not.  He kept saying they were going to get him a cake at his office and he felt bad and didn't want to miss it.  I had no idea that Mike shared my affinity for cake . . . either that, or he is just being good-hearted Mike who wants everyone to be happy.  In the end, he was excited!

We woke up this morning and Sammy and I sang Happy Birthday to Daddy.  After we were done, I asked Sammy how old he thought Daddy was.  He replied, "He's old and nasty.  And his breath is kinda' stinky."  I love that kid!

We started our day with pancakes at IHOP, and then ended up having to run to Target to get Sammy a new shirt.  On the plus side, Sammy is now asking for a napkin to wipe his hands with while he is eating. 

Then we headed to the Children's Museum!  We hit the Tot Spot, Kidtropolis, the phone area, and Water Works, and all had a great time.


I don't know how I got this pic . . . but I LOVE it!


I also caught Sammy having a tea party with himself.  How cute is this?


Sammy took a picture of Mama crawling through a tunnel . . . I was stuck, to be quite honest!


Look at the birthday boy crawling with his baby girl . . . he is smitten with her!


Helping Sammy in the "Vet" clinic . . . he really enjoyed Kidtropolis this time and role playing!


Daddy and Sammy had a blast at the Water Works exhibit . . . it's much more fun in 100 degree weather!


Sammy painted his own face!  Slightly scary, I know!

All in all, Mike had a wonderful birthday.  We picked up beautiful ribeye steaks on the way home, and Mike made a great dinner.  We also had brownies with ice cream . . . so much for missing out on cake with his office!

We rounded out the day with Sammy making Valentine's for his friends and family . . . and Sophia helping!

Happy Birthday, Mikey!  Love ya, baby!

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. So much fun! Happy Birthday to your sweetheart and your family fun always shows on every post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That picture of Sophia is AWESOME! Strong work!

    ReplyDelete

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails