Tuesday, January 5, 2010

A Busy, Busy Day!


Wow!  We had the busiest day today!  We got up this morning, and I wanted to continue my workout streak, so I asked Sammy if he wanted to go to the Y.  Of course, he said no, but I eventually convinced him to get ready.  I've been taking a backseat to getting Sammy ready in the mornings.  I discovered that he can get himself completely dressed, including his shoes, as long as I loosen the laces for him.  I'm so proud of him, but at the same time, I feel sad - my baby is growing up!

Anyway, back to the Y - I started a blog for my workouts - check it out by clicking here!  I thought it best to keep my workout info in a separate place from our family happenings.  I saw my friend Sarah at the Y this am, and she asked if it was ok if she came to our Katy TOTs playdate.  Of course it was - the more the merrier!

I had barely finished working out and picked up the kiddos and climbed into the car at 9:40 am.  It takes about 15 minutes to get home from the Y, and I was worried because I was thinking our playdate started at 10 am.  I drove home as fast as I legally could, changed my clothes, let Kona out to go the bathroom, and then sat down to feed Sophia before everyone got there.  I looked at the clock and was completely confused because it was 10:05 am.  Where was everyone?

10:10, then 10:15 came, and finally I figured out that the Happy Feet playdate was supposed to start at 10:30 am.  Of course, when I let Kona back into the house, he got dirt all over the floor, so I had to vacuum again before everyone got there, but I got it done, and then at 10:30 all our friends came over! 

We had a Happy Feet playdate.  Everyone brought a new pair of socks to donate to Katy Christian Ministries, and then we watched Happy Feet while the kids played, and I had fish (aka goldfish) for the kids to snack on.  We are starting to do a Playdate for a Cause once a month.  I'm really excited, because I think it's so important for kids to learn how to give back to the less fortunate!

Sammy honestly had a rough time the first part of the playdate - he didn't seem to want to share his toys with any of his friends, and he actually ended up throwing a fit on the floor of Sophia's room.  Turns out, he doesn't want to share his grabber (present from his best friend Grayson), his Cars watch (which is not working and I need to return to Target), and his Lite Brite (that Santa Claus brought for him).  Once those were put away, he did fine, and actually plopped onto the couch with his friends Edson and Greydan to watch the movie!


Edson, Sammy and Greydan watching Happy Feet with Abigail looking on!

After our friends left, Sammy took a nap for the first time in two days, and Mommy was able to grab a nap as well!  I made a homemade meal (without a recipe!), of pulled pork tenderloin with rice and green beans, and Mike seemed to really enjoy it (3 helpings later). 

Right before it was time for her to go to bed, Princess Sophia decided to show us a new trick . . . I helped her to pull up on her FP Stroll Along Walker, and she sure surprised me!  One second I was helping her hold onto the walker, and the next, she was pushing it forward and taking small steps behind it! 


OK, this was posed after the fact, but still - she's holding herself up - even if she's fussing at me!

I am so proud of my baby, but at the same time, I am feeling sad again - my babies are all grown up! Sammy's getting himself ready on his own, and apparently Sophia is ready to start learning how to walk . . . next thing you know, they'll be starting kindergarten!

All in all, a great, exhausting, busy busy day - one of the ones we like here at Chase Place!  By the way, I think Sammy will grow up to be a photographer - he is constantly grabbing my camera and taking pictures . . . . Check out the perspective on this picture he took of his dinosaur!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails