Thursday, January 28, 2010

Five things I just need to rant about

1.  I'm really tired of people taking themselves too seriously.  Life is a collection of moments, and every moment has a choice - you can choose to laugh or to cry.  I personally am choosing to laugh.  You should try it some time - it's good for your heart!

2.  What is up with the preschool craziness in Katy?  Your child is not going to be a permanent loser if they did not get into the 'right' preschool.  They could probably sit in the backyard and eat crayons with the dog all day, and they'd still be fine.  Again, don't take yourself too seriously!

3.  You cannot put lipstick on a pig and call it a lady.  If you did something, own up to it, and don't get mad because someone called you on it and you dislike what you did.  It's your mistake, own it, and move on - for everyone's sake.

4.  Don't text while driving.  Don't even look at your crackberry while driving.  I did this the other day, and my 3 year old said, "Mommy, stop it.  Put both hands on the wheel."  See, I am raising him right - he knows a thing or two!

5.  Don't get mad at me while I'm parking.  I drive a Dodge quad cab truck, and I can't help it that every time I try to park it somehow morphs into a 10 point turn.  I'm doing the best I can, and I'm sorry you're in a hurry, but I am focusing!  Plus, my son sees you yelling at the window and says, "Mommy, we should pray for them."  That's pretty sad, people.  Besides, I enjoy backing into parking spaces because every time I finally finish (30 minutes later) and put the truck in park, I've trained Sammy to immediately say "Mommy ROCKS!" and I really enjoy getting to hear that!

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Amen sister on all of that! Unfortunately I am guilty of 1, 4, and 5. Hope everything is good with you!

    ReplyDelete

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails