Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Yep, my kid did it . . .

Yesterday I took Sophia to the pediatrician for her 9 month checkup.  I was worried that there would be vaccinations involved, but I was not even half as worried as her big brother was.  As soon as we walked into the appointment, he immediately began assaulting the nurses with questions like, "Is it going to be one shot, or two?  I want my sister to only get one shot."

The nurses thought he was pretty cute, but I was embarrassed by his fixation on shots.  Plus, when Dr. Nelms began to listen to Sophia's heart and lungs, Sammy shared, "My heart's been kind of hurting.  I think it means I need to throw up."  He has quite the fixation on throwing up lately, too.  I think that's because several weeks ago he threw a fit when it was time to go to bed, and he ended up getting so upset that he did throw up.  Now he's obsessed with it.

Sophia's growing well - she now weighs 17 lbs and is 27 inches long.  She's in the 22% for weight - I find that laughable because she seems like such a chunk to me - if she's in the bottom quarter, I wonder what the top percentile looks like . . .

When it was time to leave, Sammy was really excited about getting to push the elevator buttons.  I asked him to push the button for Level 1, which he did, but then he pushed Level 2 as well.  No big deal, except then he decided he wanted to push the telephone button.  I honestly didn't think that button worked in elevators, but I'm here to tell you that it does. 

The phone immediately dialed out, and I started to panic.  I'm here to tell you that there is no Call Cancel button on the elevators in the 2nd Professional Building at Christus St. Catherine, because god knows I was looking.  By the time the doors opened on the 2nd floor, the call had already been answered, and an electronic voice was announcing, "Elevator #2 is out of service, Christus St. Catherine, Professional Building 2."  Over and over again. 

Several people got on the elevator, and all of them wanted to know what was going on.  One of the ladies kept saying, "Why does it think it's stuck?  It's not stuck."  She tried in vain to cancel the call as well, and kept asking why it was doing that.  I know my face was bright red, and she was getting more and more demanding about why it was happening.  Finally, I just said, "look, my son pushed the button.  Hopefully they'll figure out it's not stuck, but it's really not a big deal, ok?" 

Everyone else in the elevator laughed, but Angry Woman glared at Sammy.  Oh please, I hope you have a 3 year old son one day . . .

When we got to the car, Sammy said, "Mommy, that lady was mad . . . "  Yes she was, baby, but let's move on . . . we've got more important things to conquer, like lunch!

Photobucket

What's the most embarrassing thing your child has done in a public place?

1 comment:

  1. If I had a dollar for everytime Noah pushed the call button! Did you know that sometimes there is an actual person on the other end. Good times!

    ReplyDelete

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails