Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Thankful for Friends

I had a rough weekend this past week.  Mike was gone hunting, I was all alone with both my children, and I was going through some personal stuff. 

I just want to say how thankful I am for my friends.  They called me to check on me, listened to me cry, and offered to help me.  And I wanted to especially say thank you to my future sister in law, Trish.  Trish not only called to check on me, but she got me out of the house, went to lunch with me and her good friends, Kelley and Monica.  I had good food, good beer, and good cameraderie with all three of those women.

It's such a blessing to find women who've been there and done that with what you are going through.  Those three women have all walked in my shoes before, and they knew exactly how to console me.  And it got even better from there. 

That night, although I couldn't bring myself to leave the house again, Trish, Kelley, and another great woman, Cheryl, came over with their girls to keep me company.  Plus, Trish came with her "traveling bar."  Trish's traveling bar is two baskets that she stole borrowed from Kroger's.  I love those baskets . . . wherever they show up, fun is sure to follow!

Thank you to my friends, and thank you to Trish - you never cease to amaze me!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails