Sunday, January 10, 2010

Has it really been that long?

Today I talked to my great friend Amy on the phone for quite a while!  I really miss her, but she moved back up to her hometown in Indiana . . . even though it's been almost 3 years since I last saw her, she can still finish my sentences, and completely gets the craziness that is me.  Amy even lets me prattle on about crazy, random happenings - and has the courtesy to act like it's the funniest thing ever!  I really miss her - it is strange to think that we've known each other almost a decade now.

I spent quite a while getting ready for a diaper shower I'm holding at my house tomorrow.  Mike helped me make a diaper cake, and Sammy and I talked about how he needed to share his toys with his friends.  I'm holding my breath that will happen - but don't worry, I won't turn blue!

I wanted to share a sweet moment from Friday . . . our playgroup went to the Heritage Park nursing home for our monthly playdate there.  This was our fourth month, and I think we've finally gotten the hang of how to keep the kids and the residents happy and interacting. 


Mr. Joe and Sammy

Mr. Joe was one of the first residents we met when we started going to Heritage Park.  He is such a sweet man - loves both Sammy and Sophia.  We are truly blessed to call him our friend!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails