Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Note to Self . . .

I'm making pot roast in the electric pressure cooker tonight for dinner.  I had planned to make it in the slow cooker, which takes about 6 hours, but I forgot to set it up before I went to the Y this morning.  Then I planned to make it in the oven, which takes 3 hours, but I took a nap with the kids this afternoon and ended up missing that time window as well.

Which leaves me with the pressure cooker.  I've never made pot roast in the pressure cooker before, so this should be a fun experiment . . . I have to say, it smells delicious, and Mike wasn't home yet when it was done, so I switched the cooker to slow cook, and turned the release valve from pressure to steam.  However, I had my face right over the valve, and the steam blew up into my eye.  Nice . . .

I can still see out of it, but my eye is pretty irritated . . . Note to self - get your face out of the way when you release the pressure!

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I know it turned out delicious! You are so right about the steam! Cute Blog :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails