Sunday, January 24, 2010

Mommy, where are you going?

Mike's been hunting all weekend, and it's been a rough time for me.  I love my children, but two kids all day long can be a bit . . . grating if you know what I mean.  So when Mike finally came home on Sunday, I was ready to run! 

Back in November my mom gave me a gift certificate for a deluxe manicure and pedicure.  I'd already decided that was where I was going.  But, how do you explain to your 3 year old that you need a break? 

Sammy was upset about me leaving, and he said, in his whiny voice, "But Mommy, where are you going?"  I'm embarrassed to admit it, but I REALLY needed a break, and I said, "I don't know honey, maybe off a bridge or something."  Sammy looked at me strangely and then ran upstairs to play with his trains. 

I really enjoyed my mani/pedi, and I definitely appreciated the break.  But I missed my kiddos, too.  And when I walked in the door, Sammy ran immediately to me and gave me a hug.  He was so happy, and he said, "Mommy, I'm so glad you came back!  Did you have fun off the bridge?"

Blank stare.  What?  Oh yeah, I said I was going to go off a bridge.  Wow - they are so literal!  "Yes, honey.  I had fun off the bridge!"  "Mommy, were your friends there?"  "No, baby, no one else was off the bridge."  Just me. 

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. that cracks me up! I have had those days too.--Tracy R

    ReplyDelete

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails