Friday, January 22, 2010

My Mommy Has . . .

OK, I have been holding this story in due to shame, but since I have nothing to blog about today, I will erase my embarassment and just move forward.

The other day, Mike was taking a shower with Sammy.  Sammy looked at Mike, pointed to his chest area, and said "Daddy, what is this?"  Mike looked, and Sammy was pointing right at his nipple.  So Mike answers, "That's your nipple."  "My nipple, Daddy?"  "Yes."

"Daddy, Mommy has big nipples." 

OK, don't laugh.  Yes, we all know that I am . . . ahem . . . well-endowed, but hey - you get what you pay for, and in addition, I am nursing a baby right now.  And beyond that, I don't think Sammy was referring to me nipples, per se, but to my entire chest region.

Mike artfully tries to change the subject.  But Sammy says "Daddy, are those for feeding Sophia?"  Mike sees a window of hope and answers yes.  "Daddy, can I feed Sophia?"  "No, Sammy, only Mommy."  "OK, Daddy."

Several minutes later . . . Sammy gets out of the shower, looks in the mirror and announces triumphantly, "I have little nipples, and Mommy has BIG nipples." 

Great.  You know, they say once your child notices a difference between you and them, that it's time to make sure they don't see you changing anymore.  I've been trying to do that for awhile now, ever since he saw my princess crown tattoo and announced it was a Happy Birthday cake.  Not sure what more I can do, since we all know Sophia's gotta' eat!

Sammy hasn't mentioned my "nipples" since that night.  Hopefully he doesn't decide that a good time to bring them up again is during Sunday School or anything . . .
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails