Monday, January 11, 2010

Showers of Blessings!

Today we held a baby shower for Michele, one of the members of my mom's group.  It is her 3rd child - her first is 16, her son is 2, and now she will have another daughter.  We had it at my house, and my best friend Amanda helped a ton - she made most of the food!  All I did was pick up the cake and throw a bag of chicken nuggets in the oven. 

Sammy had a tough time sharing his toys - AGAIN!  Sometimes he does really great, and other times it is a struggle . . . today was one of those days.  I feel bad for him because I know it's hard to have everyone invade your space, but at the same time he has trouble sharing toys at other people's houses as well.  We are trying the "Your turn for 2 minutes" idea, but at the end of 2 minutes, he still wants to keep playing with the toy, and ends up yelling and screaming.  It can get quite embarrassing, but at the same time, I know that he needs to learn to share, and to stop throwing the tantrums!

Amanda and I put together a diaper cake for Michele - I love making them.  They are so cute, make an awesome centerpiece, and the recipient usually loves them!




I would normally bake a cake, but I needed a shortcut, since the shower was held on a Monday, and Mondays are usually pretty bad for me!  So, we had the cutest cake ever - hard to believe I told the baker what I wanted over the telephone!




Overall, a great day - we had lots of fun at the party, and Michele got lots of diapers and some super cute outfits for her new baby girl.  We can't wait to meet Baby Kyndal!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails